My goodness, another award! This time from The Seasoned Traveler. A lovely blog, well worth visiting. Thanks so much for the honour! I have already bookmarked her Poached “Sticky Pears” with Orange-Date Glaze and Cardamom Whipped Cream – does that not sound delicious?
The Shine On blog award is an award for fellow bloggers to celebrate and promote other blogs. It is so nice to read your posts and see glimpses of your lives, so many thanks to you all for sharing. I really appreciate the encouragement from fellow bloggers, and am delighted to pass this award on.
THE SHINE ON AWARD
Here are the rules of the award:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
3. Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
Seven random facts about me:
1. I speak Italian with great enthusiam, but with quite woeful grammar.
2. Last book read: “Quite Ugly One Morning”, by Christopher Brookmyre
3. I have lived longer out of than in my home country.
4. My next trip will be a weekend in Ravenna, Italy. (First time! Any advice?)
5. Alas, I am a lapsed snowboarder.
6. I have no idea how our fancy coffee machine at home works….
7. ….. fortunately I have a lovely husband who is a coffee-making maestro.
Here are the bloggers I would like to nominate:
Simply Start Cooking
Pink Peonies and Pearls
All have blogs I read and enjoy, so please have a look! Entirely up to the nominees if they wish to accept and pass this on. This is just a thank-you from another happy reader.
My neighbourhood: Garbatella, Rome
PS I have a minor award backlog and will get to the others soon — many thanks to Delicious Daydreams and Sensitive Flour for those. Much appreciated.
Many thanks to the delightful http://andmorefood.wordpress.com for nominating me for this award! I am honoured, and highly recommend a visit to her blog for gorgeous photography, interesting writing and lovely food.
This award asks winners to reveal seven things about themselves, so here are mine:
1) I am currently on holidays in Norway, which is wonderful.
2) I picked a half bucket of blueberries in the woods today.
3) Clothes shopping I will happily pass on, but a chance to browse an interesting kitchenware store? Never!
4) Currently reading “Taste: The Story of Britain Through Its Cooking” by Kate Colquhoun
5) .. but I am still confused about why the English call desserts “pudding”.
6) Scary movies give me nightmares.
7) After a couple days away from Rome I am really craving a decent cappuccino.
The Versatile Blogger award is given to those bloggers who are able to adapt and roll with changes and topics on their blogs. I am please to nominate these bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award:
Bris Vegas Vego
Bread, Cakes and Ale
The Mountain Kitchen
Dish ‘n’ the kitchen
To pass it on, thank the blogger who nominated you, note seven things about yourself you’d like to share, and nominate other bloggers!
These blogs are all well worth exploring. So many talented people sharing their talents!
Thanks again for the nomination!
Norwegian garden. It is so green here!
Update November 2013: My goodness, another Versatile Blogger award! How nice! This time from the Transplanted Cook, an American in the UK. Many thanks again.
Thanks so much to the lovely Becca at http://beesweetsurrender.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for a Liebster Award. It’s such a nice encouragement! I am passing it on. Guidelines:
• The award is given by bloggers to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
• Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set you.
• Choose eleven new bloggers to pass the award to, and link them in your post.
• Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
• Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
• Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
There is no time limit.
A. ANSWERING QUESTIONS BECCA SENT
- What’s the craziest combination of food you have ever attempted to blend together? Curry on sweet rice porridge, but that was an accident….. not recommended.
- What is your favorite book? Neal Stephenson’s “Snow Crash”
- If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would it be? Magically have the mortgage paid off.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you chose? Rome, where I live now (yes, so lucky)
- What’s one life lesson you’ve learned/experience that you think is worth passing along? Baking bread is easier than you think.
- What’s something you hope to accomplish this year? Save up for our very delayed honeymoon
- Favorite nail polish color? Green
- If you could pick one food to not have any calories and therefor or you could eat it endlessly… what would it be? Chocolate
- When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up? Trapeze artist
- Who would play you in a movie about your life? Janeane Garofolo
- Would you pick a truth or a dare? Truth
B. NOMINATING NEW BLOGGERS
These are the bloggers I nominate, in appreciation for their writing, and would happily recommend that you explore. I know not all bloggers like awards, so if that’s you: please do not feel obliged in any way to do anything about being nominated – just enjoy the thought.
In Prosciutto of Perfection (such a great name, and lovely cakes)
Hen island (who doesn’t love chickens?)
Rock Farmer (for the sourdough cake and haikus)
køkkenfryd (Danish and delicious)
Grub Galore (for those lovely seeded brown scones)
Rubber Slippers in Italy (am longtime fan, so many great sagre to visit!)
aim4acreativelife (must try that yoghurt-making process)
forketmenot (for your defence of bread)
plantalicious (thanks for the inspiration)
Rache Cooks (I’m intrigued by the recipe with fiddlehead ferns)
Basil, Tomatoes and Mozzarella (your zucchini bread recipe was great)
C. ELEVEN NEW QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
- What made you happy today?
- Do you have a new recipe you are planning to try this week?
- If you could spend a week anywhere in Italy on holidays, where would you go?
- What is your most-used cookbook or recipe source?
- What are you especially looking forward to this summer?
- What did you have for breakfast?
- What is the best costume you’ve ever worn?
- One essential piece of kitchen equipment?
- Best movie you have seen this year?
- What motivates you to keep blogging?
- What should I do do with the two avocados in my fridge?
D…… AND 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
Making tea for the British in-laws intimidates me. I excel at ignoring anything sports-related. Currently reading “The Devil’s Larder”, by Jim Crace. I have three siblings and we all live in different countries. “The Great British Bake Off” is my favourite TV show EVER. I’m making salad with watermelon, feta and garam masala for dinner: Recipe here. I speak several languages, badly. Quinoa appreciation is something I am working on; not there yet. My cookbook collection is taking over the bookshelves. Finding random facts is harder than I thought. I’m rather excited about going to Puglia next weekend.
All the best to the Liebster Award nominees!
Update November 2013: My goodness, another Liebster Award! How nice! This time from the lovely mrs choux. Many thanks again.