Thanks so much to the lovely Becca at http://beesweetsurrender.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for a Liebster Award. It’s such a nice encouragement! I am passing it on. Guidelines:
• The award is given by bloggers to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
• Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set you.
• Choose eleven new bloggers to pass the award to, and link them in your post.
• Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
• Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
• Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
There is no time limit.
A. ANSWERING QUESTIONS BECCA SENT
- What’s the craziest combination of food you have ever attempted to blend together? Curry on sweet rice porridge, but that was an accident….. not recommended.
- What is your favorite book? Neal Stephenson’s “Snow Crash”
- If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would it be? Magically have the mortgage paid off.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you chose? Rome, where I live now (yes, so lucky)
- What’s one life lesson you’ve learned/experience that you think is worth passing along? Baking bread is easier than you think.
- What’s something you hope to accomplish this year? Save up for our very delayed honeymoon
- Favorite nail polish color? Green
- If you could pick one food to not have any calories and therefor or you could eat it endlessly… what would it be? Chocolate
- When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up? Trapeze artist
- Who would play you in a movie about your life? Janeane Garofolo
- Would you pick a truth or a dare? Truth
B. NOMINATING NEW BLOGGERS
These are the bloggers I nominate, in appreciation for their writing, and would happily recommend that you explore. I know not all bloggers like awards, so if that’s you: please do not feel obliged in any way to do anything about being nominated – just enjoy the thought.
In Prosciutto of Perfection (such a great name, and lovely cakes)
Hen island (who doesn’t love chickens?)
Rock Farmer (for the sourdough cake and haikus)
køkkenfryd (Danish and delicious)
Grub Galore (for those lovely seeded brown scones)
Rubber Slippers in Italy (am longtime fan, so many great sagre to visit!)
aim4acreativelife (must try that yoghurt-making process)
forketmenot (for your defence of bread)
plantalicious (thanks for the inspiration)
Rache Cooks (I’m intrigued by the recipe with fiddlehead ferns)
Basil, Tomatoes and Mozzarella (your zucchini bread recipe was great)
C. ELEVEN NEW QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
- What made you happy today?
- Do you have a new recipe you are planning to try this week?
- If you could spend a week anywhere in Italy on holidays, where would you go?
- What is your most-used cookbook or recipe source?
- What are you especially looking forward to this summer?
- What did you have for breakfast?
- What is the best costume you’ve ever worn?
- One essential piece of kitchen equipment?
- Best movie you have seen this year?
- What motivates you to keep blogging?
- What should I do do with the two avocados in my fridge?
D…… AND 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
Making tea for the British in-laws intimidates me. I excel at ignoring anything sports-related. Currently reading “The Devil’s Larder”, by Jim Crace. I have three siblings and we all live in different countries. “The Great British Bake Off” is my favourite TV show EVER. I’m making salad with watermelon, feta and garam masala for dinner: Recipe here. I speak several languages, badly. Quinoa appreciation is something I am working on; not there yet. My cookbook collection is taking over the bookshelves. Finding random facts is harder than I thought. I’m rather excited about going to Puglia next weekend.
All the best to the Liebster Award nominees!
Update November 2013: My goodness, another Liebster Award! How nice! This time from the lovely mrs choux. Many thanks again.